iOS 9.2 beta 2 released to public testers; includes support for AT&T NumberSync
As expected, Apple has seeded the second beta version of iOS 9.2 to public testers. Apple had seeded iOS 9.2 beta 2 to developers yesterday, and the first beta version last week.iOS 9.2 includes several bug fixes and enhancements related to Safari View Controller, the new Safari window that opens up when you click on a link in some apps, including the ability to dismiss it with an edge swipe. Third-party Action Extensions will also work with the Safari View Controller.
It also includes support for NumberSync feature to AT&T customers, which allows other devices like Mac or iPad to make and receive calls using a customer’s iPhone number without being connected to the iPhone.
Here are the devices iOS 9.2 beta is compatible with:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini (iPad mini 2), iPad mini
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
If you’ve signed up for Apple’s beta testing program then you’ll receive the update via over-the-air update. If you haven’t signed up for the beta program then simply head to Apple’s beta testing website and follow the instructions.
You may also be interested in:
- iOS 9.2 beta 2: What’s New